Reference code(s): GB 0074 P73/PHI
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT PHILIP THE APOSTLE, CAMBERWELL: AVONDALE SQUARE, SOUTHWARK
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.76 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Philip the Apostle, Camberwell | Church of England
The church was built in 1876, consisting of a half-octagonal chancel with north organ chamber and south vestry, together with a nave, transept and aisle. The church was constructed of Kentish ragstone and designed in a medieval style. It was rebuilt in 1962. The parish was united with St. Mark, Cobourg Road (P73/MRK2) in 1965.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Philip the Apostle, Camberwell, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage and confirmations, service registers and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited 12 October 1954. Additional deposits in Jun 2015 and Jan 2019.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010. Updated October 2019.