Reference code(s): GB 0074 P71/BAR
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT BARNABAS, ROTHERHITHE: PLOUGH WAY, SOUTHWARK
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.64 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Barnabas, Rotherhithe | Church of England
The church of Saint Barnabas was constructed in 1870 to the designs of William Butterfield. A district chapelry was assigned to the church in 1873, taken from parts of the parishes of Saint Mary and All Saints. By the 1960s the parish had merged with that of Saint Katharine, Rotherhithe.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of St Barnabas, Rotherhithe, comprising registers of baptisms; registers of marriages; lists of preachers; registers of church services; and papers relating to Rotherhithe Church Schools.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records P71/BAR/1-4 deposited by the vicar on 23 February 1967. Records P71/BAR/5-23 deposited by the vicar on 6 May 1969.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.