Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/115
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT LAURENCE, BRONDESBURY: BRENT
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.45 linear metres (13 documents).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Laurence, Brondesbury | Church of England
Saint Laurence began as a mission church of Christ Church, Brondesbury, founded circa 1901. It became a parish in its own right in 1908. Originally an iron church, a new church was begun in 1906. The church, a brick building with stone dressing, was never completed. Like Christ Church, Saint Laurence followed High Church practices. It reunited with Christ Church in 1971. Saint Laurence then closed and was subsequently demolished.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Laurence, Brondesbury, comprising registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage and church services; and Annual Parochial Church Meeting minutes.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
DRO/115/001-002: Baptisms; DRO/115/003-009: Marriages; DRO/115/101-012: Church Services; DRO/115/013: Church Meetings.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in September 1996.
For records of Christ Church, Brondesbury, see DRO/114.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.