Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/130
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT THOMAS, ACTON: ACTON VALE, EALING
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.43 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Thomas, Acton Vale | Church of England
The parish of Saint Thomas, Acton Vale, was founded in 1915. The Bishop of London is patron. The parish replaced Saint Barnabas's. The site of the church was donated by the Goldsmiths' Company of London; while the construction was funded by the sale of the site of Saint Thomas Charterhouse, Goswell Road. The building was designed by Sir A. Blomfield in a Perpendicular style. A parish centre was added in 1973.
From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7: Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden (1982), pp. 35-39.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Thomas, Acton Vale, comprising baptism registers; marriage registers; burial registers; banns registers and confirmation registers.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in one sub-fonds: A: Parish Registers.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in October 1998.
For Saint Barnabas, Acton, see DRO/131.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.