Reference code(s): GB 0074 ACC/0590
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT MARY, HARROW: CHURCH HILL, HARROW
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.1 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Church of England | Parish of St Mary, Harrow
In medieval times Saint Mary's was one of the most important churches in Middlesex. There is a twelfth-century tower with tall octagonal lead spires. The nave was re-built in the thirteenth-century when the rector was Elias de Dereham, the canon of Salisbury. Various additions and embellishments took place under John Byrkhead, rector from 1437 to 1468, then restored heavily in the nineteenth century. Many brasses including a small brass of John Lyons, founder of Harrow School.
Scope and content/abstract:
Maps of the parish of Harrow on the Hill, surveyed for the purposes of the parochial assessment, 1851-1852.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
ACC/0590/001-003: Map sheets; ACC/0590/004: book of reference.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the City of London.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in 1956.
See also references ACC/0936 and DRO/003.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.