Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/039
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: ALL SAINTS, EAST FINCHLEY: DURHAM ROAD, BARNET
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.85 linear metres (150 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of All Saints, East Finchley | Church of England
The church of All Saints, East Finchley, was constructed in 1891 on Durham Road, on land donated by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. A consolidated chapelry was assigned in 1900, combining Holy Trinity and Saint James's, Muswell Hill. From 1900 the church was a vicarage, the Bishop of London was patron. A church hall was added in the 1930s.
From: 'Finchley: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 6: Friern Barnet, Finchley, Hornsey with Highgate (1980), pp. 82-86. Available online.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of All Saints, East Finchley, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage and church services; papers relating to parish boundaries; papers relating to endowments; records of the Churchwardens relating to finances, the maintenance of the church fabric and the church site; Vestry minutes; records of the Parochial Church Council relating to the parish hall; and papers of church societies.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in 5 sub-fonds:-
D: Parochial Church Council;
and E: Societies and Organisations.
Conditions governing access:
DRO/039/A/01/001-007 are not available for consultation. Please use microfilms.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited on 18 October 1978.
Some records and registers remain in the care of the incumbent.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.