Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/032
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT MARY, FINCHLEY: HENDON LANE, BARNET
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.75 linear metres (50 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Mary, Finchley | Church of England
The church at Finchley was first mentioned in 1274 although it was probably founded earlier. The benefice is a rectory in the patronage of the Bishop of London. The church was dedicated to Saint Mary from 1356. The oldest parts of the existing building date to the late 15th century, although the church building has several later extensions and additions. Saint Mary's has several daughter churches, founded from 1832 onwards.
From: 'Finchley: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 6: Friern Barnet, Finchley, Hornsey with Highgate (1980), pp. 82-86. Available online.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of Saint Mary, Finchley, comprising registers of baptisms, marriages, burials, banns of marriage, confirmations and church services.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Registers arranged chronologically and by type.
Conditions governing access:
Files DRO/032/A/01/001-036 are not available or unfit for consultation, please use microfilms.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Some records are unfit for consultation.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited 24 November 1976.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.