Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/038
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT PETER, HORNSEY: WIGHTMAN ROAD, HARINGEY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.27 linear metres (37 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Peter, Hornsey | Church of England
Saint Peter's, Hornsey, was founded in 1884 as a chapel of ease to the parish church, Saint Mary's. At first the building was a temporary iron structure; a permament building was erected between 1897 and 1905. A consolidated chapelry was formed from Hornsey and part of Tottenham in 1898. In 1977 the parish was combined with the parish of Christ Church, West Green, Tottenham.
From: 'Hornsey, including Highgate: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 6: Friern Barnet, Finchley, Hornsey with Highgate (1980), pp. 172-182. Available online.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Peter, Hornsey, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage, confirmations, and church services; papers relating to parish boundaries; papers relating to the advowson; Churchwardens' financial accounts; Parochial Church Council minutes; and Vestry minutes.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in 4 sub-fonds: A: Incumbent; B: Churchwardens; C: Parochial Church Council; and D: Vestry.
Conditions governing access:
Some files are only available on microfilm. Please check access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited on 10 November 1977.
For the parish of Christ Church, West Green see DRO/030.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.