Reference code(s): GB 0074 ACC/2712/ETHC
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: EDMONTON AND TOTTENHAM HEBREW CONGREGATION
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.05 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Edmonton and Tottenham Hebrew Congregation
Edmonton and Tottenham Hebrew congregation began as meetings held at 53 Lansdowne Road. In 1934 a Victorian house at 41 Lansdowne Road was converted for worship. This synagogue was admitted as an Affiliated member of the United Synagogue in 1938. The building was enlarged in 1956, while a hall and annexe were built in 1964.
From: 'Tottenham: Judaism', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 5: Hendon, Kingsbury, Great Stanmore, Little Stanmore, Edmonton Enfield, Monken Hadley, South Mimms, Tottenham (1976), pp. 364 (available online).
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of Edmonton and Tottenham Hebrew Congregation, consisting of a lease for property in Landsdowne Road.
PLEASE NOTE: Records can only be accessed with the written permission of the depositor. Contact the Chief Executive, United Synagogue.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
One document catalogued as ACC/2712/ETHC/001.
Conditions governing access:
These records are only available for consultation by written permission of the United Synagogue's Chief Executive.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited as part of a larger accession of material from the United Synagogue.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: Description prepared in March 2010.