Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/060
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT PAUL, BRENTFORD: SAINT PAUL'S ROAD, HOUNSLOW
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.48 linear metres (121 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Paul, Hounslow | Church of England
Saint Paul's Church was originally constructed as an iron church provided by the Ealing Ruri-decanal Association to serve the western part of Old Brentford. It was built on the site acquired for the projected new Saint George's Church, and was assigned a district in 1864. The patronage was divided between the Crown and the Bishop of London alternately, but by 1915 it was solely in the gift of the Bishop. The foundation stone for the new ragstone building was laid in December 1867 on a new site, and the church was consecrated in 1868. It was damaged by bombing the the 2nd World War and restored by M. Farey, 1953. Saint Paul's became a Chapel of Ease to Saint Lawrence, New Brentford, 1952 and principal church of the united parish of Brentford from 1961.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Paul, Old Brentford, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage, confirmations and church services; papers relating to the maintenance of church buildings and fittings; Vestry minutes; papers relating to parish charities; papers of the parish school; and parish magazines.
Records of the United Parish of Brentford (Saint Paul with Saint Lawrence and Saint George), including registers of baptisms, marriages and banns of marriage; Parochial Church Council minutes; papers relating to the maintenance of church buildings and fittings; papers relating to parish charities; papers relating to St Lawrence with St Paul's CE School; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in two series: DRO/060-1: Saint Paul, Old Brentford; and DRO/060-2: The united parish of Saint Paul with Saint Lawrence and Saint George.
Conditions governing access:
Files DRO/060/001-014, 066-075, 084-086 and 088 are not available for consultation, please use microfilms.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records of St Paul's Church, Old Brentford deposited on 14 May 1984 .
For the period 1952-61 please see the united parish of Saint Lawrence with Saint Paul DRO/058/361-363. For Saint George, Old Brentford, see DRO/059.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.