Reference code(s): GB 0074 P81/ALS
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: ALL SOULS, HAMPSTEAD: LOUDOUN ROAD, CAMDEN
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.23 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of All Souls, Hampstead | Church of England
The church of All Souls was founded and endowed by the Reverend Henry Robinson Wadmore, who worked at Saint John's Wood chapel. He was the patron while he was incumbent, after which the patronage passed to the Bishop of London. A district was assigned in 1865. The church was designed by Reverend Wadmore's brother James Wadmore, and was constructed between 1864 and 1865. An extension was added in 1905.
From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 9: Hampstead, Paddington (1989), pp. 145-152.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of All Souls, Hampstead, including registers of baptisms, marriages, confirmations and banns of marriage; registers of church services; papers relating to parish boundaries including plan; Parochial Church Council minutes and correspondence; offertory books; papers relating to the benefice including terrier and sequestration orders; papers relating to the maintenance of the church and church room, including correspondence, inventories and plans; papers relating to the parish school.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in series: Parish Registers; Church Services/Work of Clergy; Church Personnel; Parish Boundaries; Church Buildings; Benefice; Parish Finance; Parish Administration; and Parish Schools.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records deposited by the priest-in-charge, 20 March 1989.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.