Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/089
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: ALL SOULS, HARLESDEN: STATION ROAD, BRENT
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.7 linear metres (65 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of All Souls, Harlesden | Church of England
The parish of All Souls, Harlesden, was formed in 1875 from Willesden, Acton, St John's, Kensal Green, and Hammersmith. Mission services had been held by the curate of St Mary's, Willesden, at Harlesden institute from 1858. The parish church at Station Road, Harlesden, was built and consecrated in 1879. It replaced an iron church dating from 1867.
St Luke's mission church, on Old Oak Lane, Acton, was founded between 1894 and 1898 by All Souls. It appears not to have become a separate parish.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of All Souls, Harlesden, including registers of baptism, marriage, banns of marriage and church services; financial accounts; Vestry minutes and Parochial Church Council minutes.
Records of Saint Luke's Church, Willesden Junction, comprising Vestry minutes and registers of church services.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in two series: DRO/089/001-062: All Souls and DRO/089/063-065: St Luke's Church.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records deposited by the Incumbent, 13 April 1992.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.