Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/077
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT JAMES, GUNNERSBURY: CHISWICK HIGH ROAD, HOUNSLOW
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.1 linear metres (40 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St James, Gunnersbury | Church of England
St James' was a consolidated chapelry formed on 14 August 1880 from the ecclesiastical districts of Christ Church, Turnham Green, St George, Old Brentford and a small part of South Acton. The church was erected in 1886/7 and consecrated on 8 November 1887. The living was in the gift of the vicar of St George, Old Brentford. Since 1987 it has been part of the United Parish of Brentford.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint James, Gunnersbury, including registers of baptisms, marriages, confirmations, banns of marriage, and church services; Preachers' books; papers relating to the creation of the parish of Brentford; financial accounts; Parochial Church Council minute books; and correspondence.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
DRO/077/001-028: Parish Registers; DRO/077/029-040: Parish Administration.
Conditions governing access:
Files DRO/077/001-010 are not available for consultation, please use microfilm copies.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records deposited by the incumbent of the United Parish of Brentford, 13 February 1989.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.