Reference code(s): GB 0074 P73/EMM
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: EMMANUEL, CAMBERWELL: CAMBERWELL ROAD, SOUTHWARK
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.69 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of Emmanuel, Camberwell | Church of England
Emmanuel Church was formed in 1842 following the destruction by fire of Saint Giles's church. It was built at a cost of £4899. It consisted of a chancel, two eastern towers, an aisleless nave with galleries and an eastern vestry. It was constructed of white brick. The church served a large population on the western edge of Camberwell parish, mostly of working-class background. The parish was united with the parish of Saint Michael and All Angels with All Souls, Camberwell in circa 1965. Emmanuel Church was closed.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Emmanuel, Camberwell, including registers of baptisms, marriages, confirmations and church services; cash book; inventory; Parochial Church Council minutes and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in 1954.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.