Reference code(s): GB 0074 P79/PET
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT PETER, HACKNEY: NORTHCHURCH TERRACE, HACKNEY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.23 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of Saint Peter, Hackney | Church of England
The site of Saint Peter's was given by Richard Benjon De Beauvoir who built and endowed the church in memory of Peter De Beauvoir, the last sinecure rector of Hackney District, from whom he derived the estate. The church was consecrated in 1841 by the Bishop of London. The building is of stock brick with stone dressings in Middle Gothic style. It seated 1000, and was designed by W.C. Lockner and built between 1840 and 1841. Additions were made in 1884.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Peter, Hackney, comprising registers of baptisms and registers of marriages.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
P79/PET/001-011: Baptisms; P79/PET/012-027: Marriages.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records of St Peter's Church, Northchurch Terrace, De Beauvoir Town, Hackney, deposited by the Vicar in the Greater London Record Office, County Hall, London SE1, 22 November 1972.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.