Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/055
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT ALBAN, ACTON GREEN: ACTON GREEN, EALING
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.78 linear metres (58 documents).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Alban, Acton Green | Church of England
The church of Saint Alban, also known as Saint Alban the Martyr, originated in a mission run by the church of All Saints, South Acton, begun in 1882. The mission was run from halls and schools until 1887 when a permanent building was constructed. A district was formed in 1888. The patron was the bishop of London.
From: 'Acton: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7: Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden (1982), pp. 35-39. Available online.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Alban, Acton Green, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage, confirmations, and church services; orders of services; papers relating to parish boundaries; papers relating to the benefice; Churchwardens' financial accounts; Parochial Church Council minutes; Finance Committee meetings; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in one series: Parish Records (DRO/055/001-058).
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records deposited at the Greater London Record Office by the vicar of St Alban-with-All Saints, 6 March 1984.
For the church of All Saints, South Acton, see DRO/055.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.