Reference code(s): GB 0074 P76/BAN
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT BARNABAS, FINSBURY: KING SQUARE, ISLINGTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.76 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Barnabas, Finsbury | Church of England
Saint Barnabas Church was established on King Square, off Lever Street, in 1826. The church was assigned a separate parish in 1846. The building was severely damaged by enemy action in November 1940. Services were thereafter held elsewhere until the union of the benefice with the parishes of Saint Clement, City Road, and Saint Matthew, City Road. The church was later restored and renamed Saint Clement with Saint Barnabas, King Square.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Barnabas, Finsbury, including registers of baptisms, marriages and burials; register of confirmations; and registers of preachers.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records of St Barnabas' Church, King Square, Finsbury, deposited by the Vicar of St Clement with St Barnabas and St Matthew, King Square, Finsbury, in the Greater London Record Office, The County Hall, London SE1 7PB 27 February 1975.
See P76/CLE for Saint Clement.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.