Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/113/SEM
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT EDWARD MISSION, WILLESDEN: TAYLOR'S LANE, BRENT
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.08 linear metres (2 files).
Name of creator(s): Saint Edward Mission, Willesden | Church of England
The Saint Edward Mission, Taylor's Lane, Willesden, was founded by the parish church of Saint Mary, Willesden. Proposals were made in 1897 for a mission hall in Taylor's Lane for 200 people. It was built and in use by 1900. During and after the Second World War the hall fell into disuse. After two spells of commercial letting it was compulsorily acquired by the London Borough of Brent in 1974, for £8,900.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the Saint Edward Mission, Willesden, comprising register of services and papers relating to the construction of the mission hall and its sale.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Two files catalogued as DRO/113/001-002.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in August 1996.
For the records of Saint Mary's, Willesden, see DRO/113.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.