Reference code(s): GB 0074 P82/TRI2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: HOLY TRINITY, GRAYS INN ROAD: GRAYS INN ROAD, CAMDEN
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.99 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of Holy Trinity, Grays Inn Road | Church of England
The church of Holy Trinity on Grays Inn Road was designed by Sir James Pennethorne and erected in 1837. It seated 1500 people. Restored in 1880, it reopened in 1881. It was closed during the 1914-1918 war but was in use again by 1921; before finally closing in 1928. Holy Trinity parish was created from the parish of Saint Andrew, Holborn in 1839. The parish and benefice were united with Saint George the Martyr, Queen Square in 1931. Holy Trinity church was closed with the intention of demolishing the church and selling the site.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Holy Trinity, Grays Inn Road, Holborn, including registers of baptisms; registers of marriages; registers of burials; register of confirmations; and newspaper cuttings.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
P82/TRI2/001-020: Parish Registers; P82/TRI2/021-023: Newspapers.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited by the incumbent.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.