Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/108
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: ALL SAINTS, HARROW: UXBRIDGE ROAD, HARROW
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 3.52 linear metres (91 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of All Saints, Harrow | Church of England
All Saints, Harrow, was built in 1842 near an earlier Chapel of Ease and consecrated in 1850. Edward Munroe became the first curate. A separate parish was assigned to it in 1844 taken from St Mary's Harrow and a small part of Bushey (Hertfordshire). Two vestries were added in 1958. The church has six bells which date from 1890 and two from 1935.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of All Saints, Harrow, including registers of baptisms, marriages, burials, banns of marriage and confirmations; registers of church services; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minute books; financial accounts; papers of Robinson's Charity; papers of Harrow Weald Old Schools; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in series: Registers; Church Services; Church Buildings; Parish Administration; Parish Finance; Parish Organisations; and Printed Material.
Conditions governing access:
DRO/108/022,035,038 are unfit for consultation.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Some records are unfit for consultation.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in January 1996.
The daughter church of St Barnabas, Long Elmes, Harrow Weald, Harrow was a mission church within All Saints parish. It originated in 1950 from a housing estate in North Headstone and is listed here separately under DRO/108/BAN. The church closed in the 1970s.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.