Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/162
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: HOLY TRINITY, WEALDSTONE: HIGH STREET, HARROW
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 3.67 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of Holy Trinity, Wealdstone | Church of England
Holy Trinity, Wealdstone, was constructed in 1882 to serve the expanding population. It was built on land donated by Christ Church, Oxford. The parish was assigned in 1881 out of the parishes of Harrow, Harrow Weald, and Pinner. Holy Trinity is now one of two churches in the parish of Trinity St Michael. Its sister church is St Michael and All Angels.
From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 4: Harmondsworth, Hayes, Norwood with Southall, Hillingdon with Uxbridge, Ickenham, Northolt, Perivale, Ruislip, Edgware, Harrow with Pinner (1971), pp. 257-260.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Holy Trinity, Wealdstone, including registers of baptisms, marriages, confirmations and banns of marriage; preachers' book; registers of services; papers relating to alterations to parish boundaries; papers relating to the construction or maintenance of the church, vicarage and church hall; Vestry meeting minutes; Parochial Church Council minutes, reports, correspondence and papers; programmes and invitations for parish events; financial accounts; papers of parish societies and clubs; and printed items including newspaper cuttings, newsletters and annual reports.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged into 13 sub-series:
1 - Parish Registers;
2 - Church Services/Work of the Clergy;
3 - Church Personnel;
4 - Parish Boundaries;
5 - Church Buildings;
6 - Benefice;
7 - Church Buildings (Vicarage);
8 - Church Buildings (Hall);
11 - Churchwardens;
12 - Parish Administration;
13 - Parish Finance;
14 - Parish Organisations;
15 - Printed Material.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in December 2003.
Sister church is Saint Michael and All Angels, DRO/162.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.