Reference code(s): GB 0074 P70/JN
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT JOHN, BATTERSEA: USK ROAD, WANDSWORTH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.12 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St John, Battersea | Church of England
The parish of Saint John was formed in 1863. The church was constructed in the same year, of brick with stone dressings in a 13th century style. In 1938-1939 the parish was amalgamated with Saint Paul's, which had begun as a chapel of ease for Saint John's. It is advisable to consult the records of both parishes in conjunction with each other.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint John, Battersea, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage, confirmations, parishioners and church services; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; financial accounts; parish school log books; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in sections: Parish Registers; Parish Organisations; Church Services/Work of Clergy; Parish Administration; Parish Finance and Printed Material.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records deposited in the former London County Record Office, 1 January 1956.
See P70/PAU for records of Saint Paul, Battersea.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.