Reference code(s): GB 0074 P73/MRK2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT MARK, COBOURG ROAD: COBOURG ROAD, CAMBERWELL, SOUTHWARK
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.80 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Mark, Cobourg Road, Camberwell | Church of England
The parish of Saint Mark was established in 1880. The church building was begun in 1879, with a chancel aisle added in 1883-1884 by Norman Shaw. The church was not completed until 1932. The parish of Saint Mark, Cobourg Road was united with the parish of Saint Philip, Avondale Square in 1965 and Saint Philip's Church became the parish church of the united parish. Saint Mark's is now used as a store.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of St Mark, Cobourg Road, Camberwell, including registers of baptisms; registers of marriages and register of confirmations.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in 1980.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.