Reference code(s): GB 0074 P81/EMM
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: EMMANUEL, HAMPSTEAD: LYNCROFT GARDENS, CAMDEN
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 4.16 linear metres (204 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of Emmanuel, Hampstead | Church of England
In the 1840s the Hampstead parish church, Saint Paul's, began to hold services in the West End National School. In 1875 these services became part of Trinity Parish Mission Church, later called Emmanuel Church. A district was assigned to the church in 1885. Increased attendance led to the construction of a permanent church in 1897, designed by J.A.Thomas.
From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 9: Hampstead, Paddington (1989), pp. 145-152.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Emmanuel, Hampstead, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage and confirmations; registers of church services; preachers' books; orders of service; papers relating to the benefice; Churchwardens' financial accounts; minutes and papers of the Parochial Church Council and the Annual Vestry; papers of church societies including the Emmanuel Men's Society; newsletters and yearbooks; papers relating to the church building, parsonage, and church hall including legal documents, correspondence, photographs, faculties and plans; and financial accounts. Also, Emmanuel Church of England Primary School is located in this parish. Documents relating to the governance of the school from 1999 are catalogued with the parish records.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in January 1992, with further accessions in 1995, 1998, 2001 and 2003. Files P81/EMM/185-204 deposited in 2003.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.