Reference code(s): GB 0074 ACC/2712/EGS
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: EDGWARE SYNAGOGUE
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.23 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Edgware Synagogue
In 1929 the Edgware Synagogue, a constituent of the United Synagogue, was founded, using a temporary building in Mowbray Road. The congregation expanded rapidly towards the end of the Second World War and in 1957 a large building in Edgware Way was built. The synagogue became a District Synagogue in 1937, and a Constituent Synagogue in 1954.
From: 'Edgware: Jews', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 4: Harmondsworth, Hayes, Norwood with Southall, Hillingdon with Uxbridge, Ickenham, Northolt, Perivale, Ruislip, Edgware, Harrow with Pinner (1971), pp. 167 (available online).
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of Edgware Synagogue, consisting of an undertaking to observe the provisions and conditions of the United Synagogue, annual report for 1947/48, and an accounts book.
PLEASE NOTE: Records can only be accessed with the written permission of the depositor. Contact the Chief Executive, United Synagogue.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in one series: Synagogue Records (ACC/2712/EGS/001-003).
Conditions governing access:
These records are only available for consultation by written permission of the United Synagogue's Chief Executive.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited as part of a larger accession of material from the United Synagogue.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: Description prepared in March 2010.