Reference code(s): GB 0074 P79/BAN2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT BARNABAS, WEST HACKNEY: SHACKLEWELL, HACKNEY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.41 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Barnabas, West Hackney | Church of England
Saint Barnabas, West Hackney, was opened in 1890 as part of the Merchant Taylor's School Mission. Following the destruction of West Hackney Church by enemy action in 1940, Saint Barnabas began to play a wider role in the community. The two parishes amalgamated in 1955. The church building is Byzantine in style and plan. It was constructed between 1909 and 1910 and was consecrated in 1929.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Barnabas, West Hackney, including baptism registers; marriage registers; banns registers; registers of church services and registers of collections.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in November 1998.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.