Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/096
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT JOHN THE BAPTIST, GREENHILL: SHEEPCOTE ROAD, HARROW
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.57 linear metres (101 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St John, Harrow | Church of England
The Church was consecrated in 1866 and administered as a chapel of ease under the Vicar of Harrow until the Curate was given sole charge in 1885. It became a separate parish in 1896. In 1904 the Church was rebuilt to serve the expanding population. Parts of the old building were demolished and a new nave and aisles were consecrated in 1905, transepts in 1925 and a new chancel in 1938.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint John the Baptist, Greenhill, Harrow, including registers of baptisms, marriages, burials, banns of marriages, confirmations and church services; Vestry minutes; Parochial Church Council minutes; Finance and General Purposes Committee minutes; Building Committee minutes; financial accounts; papers relating to staff; papers relating to the maintenance of the church buildings and fittings including faculties; papers relating to properties and land; papers relating to social events and clubs; notices, orders of service, newspaper cuttings and programmes.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
DRO/096/001-037: Parish Registers; DRO/096/038-101: Other Parish Records.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in two accessions, on 25 November 1993 and 18 April 1995.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.