Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/138
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: HESTON BARRACKS CHAPEL: HESTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.05 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Heston Barracks Chapel | Church of England
In 1793 cavalry barracks were built on the heath in Heston north of the Staines Road. A chapel was opened in the Barracks during the 19th century.
From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 3: Shepperton, Staines, Stanwell, Sunbury, Teddington, Heston and Isleworth, Twickenham, Cowley, Cranford, West Drayton, Greenford, Hanwell, Harefield and Harlington (1962), pp. 94-96 and pp. 122-129.
Scope and content/abstract:
Register of baptisms at Heston Barracks Chapel, Heston.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
One volume catalogued as DRO/138/A/02/001.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in October 1999.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.