Reference code(s): GB 0074 P73/STE
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT STEPHEN, SOUTH DULWICH: COLLEGE ROAD, SOUTHWARK
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.01 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Stephen, South Dulwich | Church of England
Saint Stephen's was built by Banks and Barry between 1867 and 1875, on land given by the govenors of Dulwich College. It was consecrated in 1868. The church is built of stone with a slated church spire.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Stephen, South Dulwich, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns, and church services; Vestry meeting minutes; Parochial Church Council meeting minutes; financial accounts; Churchwarden's vouchers; faculties and other papers relating to the maintenance and restoration of the church building; legal documents relating to the ownership of church land; maps and plans showing changes to parish boundaries; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records of St Stephen's Church, College Road, South Dulwich, Camberwell, deposited in the London County Record Office, County Hall, S.E.1, 1 November 1956; with a further accession in 1969.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.