Reference code(s): GB 0074 P79/BAN1
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT BARNABAS, HOMERTON: HOMERTON HIGH STREET, HACKNEY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.11 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Barnabas, Homerton | Church of England
The Church of Saint Barnabas was consecrated on 11 June 1847 as the parish church for Homerton. In 1885 a temporary church (Saint Paul's) was built in Glyn Road and the curate of Saint Barnabas became the curate-in-charge of Saint Paul's. Later a permanent church was erected there and Saint Paul's, Lower Homerton, became a separate parish. Saint Paul's Church became redundant in 1981 and the parishes of Saint Paul and Saint Barnabas were reunited.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Barnabas, Homerton, including registers of baptisms; registers of marriages; register of burials; register of church services; papers relating to parish boundaries including map; papers regarding the maintenance of the church, church hall and vicarage; papers relating to the churchyard; and financial records.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in January 1985; with a further accession in January 1993.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.