Reference code(s): GB 0074 P71/MRY
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT MARY, ROTHERHITHE:SAINT MARY CHURCH STREET, SOUTHWARK
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.46 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Mary, Rotherhithe | Church of England
Saint Mary's is the ancient parish church of Rotherhithe. It is first mentioned in records in 1291. The advowson passed through various hands before being purchased by the Masters of Clare College, Cambridge. The medieval church building was reconstructed in 1714.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Mary, Rotherhithe, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns and burials. Also records relating to civil functions including paving rate book, poor rate book, and Workhouse Committee minutes.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited 11 Mar 1954 and 7 July 1980.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.