Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/066
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: HOLY TRINITY, TOTTENHAM: PHILIP LANE, HARINGEY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.17 linear metres (61 documents).
Name of creator(s): Parish of Holy Trinity, Tottenham | Church of England
Holy Trinity Church was consecrated on 26 May 1830 as Holy Trinity Chapel. It was assigned a district chapelry from the parish of All Hallows, Tottenham in December 1844. Two new parishes were in turn created from Holy Trinity, Saint Ann, Hanger Lane, in 1861 and Saint Peter, Page Green in 1900. The parishes of Saint Mary the Virgin, Tottenham and Christ Church, West Green were formed partly from Holy Trinity in 1888-9. Saint Peter's Church was declared redundant in 1973 and the parish was reunited with Holy Trinity. In 1980 part of the parish of Saint Bartholomew, Stamford Hill was transferred to Holy Trinity, including Saint John's Worship Centre, Vartry Road, which had replaced the redundant parish church of Saint John, Vartry Road in 1975.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Holy Trinity, Tottenham, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage, confirmations and church services; and preachers' books.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in one series: Parish Records (DRO/066/001-061).
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records of Holy Trinity, Philip Lane, High Cross, Tottenham deposited by the Vicar in the Greater London Record Office, 40 Northampton Road, London EC1R OHB, 24 November 1986.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.