Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/082
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: LITTLE SAINT PETER DISTRICT CHURCH, CRICKLEWOOD: CLAREMONT WAY, BARNET
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.25 linear metres (36 documents).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Peter, Cricklewood | Church of England
District Church of Little St Peter, Cricklewood | Church of England
St Peter's Church, built on a site given by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, was dedicated in 1891. In 1892 it became the centre of a district chapelry formed out of the parishes of St Mary, Hendon and All Saints, Childs Hill. A chapel-of-ease called Little St Peter was opened in 1958 as a consequence of increased house-building in the area. This (and the parish hall) was used for services while the parish church was being demolished and rebuilt in the 1970s. It was closed in 1983 due to falling attendances.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Peter and the District Church of Little St Peter, Cricklewood, including registers of baptisms, marriages, confirmations, banns of marriage, and church services; financial accounts; and minutes.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
DRO/082/001-027: Parish Registers; DRO/082/028-030: Parish Administration; DRO/082/031-036: Parish Registers of the District Church of Little St Peter.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records deposited by the priest-in-charge, 14 January 1991.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.