Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/071
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT GABRIEL, BOUNDS GREEN: HARINGEY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.76 linear metres (77 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Gabriel, Bounds Green | Church of England
The mission church of Saint Peter, in the charge of Saint Michael-at-Bowes, was established in 1883. It became the church of Saint Gabriel in 1906 when a consolidated chapelry was formed out of Saint Michael's Wood Green, Saint Michael-at-Bowes, and Saint Paul's New Southgate.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Gabriel, Bounds Green, including registers of marriages, baptisms, confirmations and church services; parish magazines and interior views of the church.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in one series: Parish Records (DRO/071/001-077).
Conditions governing access:
Some files are only available on microfilm. Please check access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in November 1986.
For register of baptisms 1888-1906 when St Gabriels' was a mission church of St Michael at Bowes, Southgate dedicated to St Peter see DRO/070 list. Later baptism registers are at St Gabriels' in the care of the Team Ministry.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.