Reference code(s): GB 0074 P79/LUK
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT LUKE, HACKNEY: HOMERTON TERRACE, HACKNEY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.09 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Luke, Hackney | Church of England
The church of Saint Luke was situated in a secluded site for a church, between a terrace of houses and Chatham Place. A district was assigned in 1873 from Saint John, Saint Barnabas, Saint John of Jerusalem and Saint Augustine. At first, its patron was W.H.Longfellow, then trustee of St. Olave Hart Street, who contributed to the stipend. The building was of ragstone with stone dressings in Early Decorated Style, designed by Newman and Billing.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Luke, Hackney, including registers of baptisms, marriages and church services; preachers' books; papers relating to the Sunday School; history of the church; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in 1973.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.