Reference code(s): GB 0074 P97/MRK
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT MARK, PLUMSTEAD COMMON: OLD MILL ROAD, GREENWICH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.96 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Mark, Plumstead Common | Church of England
The church of Saint Mark was constructed in 1901. It was demolished in 1974 as the maintenance was considered too expensive. A new church was constructed on the same site in 1976. The parish was merged with Saint Margaret's (P97/MGT) to form the parish of Saint Mark and Saint Margaret, Plumstead.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Mark, Old Mill Road, Plumstead Common, including registers of baptisms and marriages; registers of church services; minutes of the Parochial Church Council; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in 1977.
For more information see: http://www.southwark.anglican.org/parishes/.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.