Reference code(s): GB 0074 P90/ALL2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: ALL SAINTS, SAINT PANCRAS: GORDON STREET, CAMDEN
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.36 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of All Saints, St Pancras | Church of England
All Saints Church, Gordon Street, was constructed in 1842 in response to rapid population growth in the ancient parish of Saint Pancras. The architect was Thomas Leverton Donaldson, who was a Professor of Architecture at University College (UCL). In 1909 the church was closed and in 1928 UCL converted it into a hall, called the University Memorial Hall, to remember members of the University who died during the First World War. The hall was destroyed by bombing in 1940.
From: Survey of London: volume 21: The parish of St Pancras part 3: Tottenham Court Road and neighbourhood (1949), pp. 101-102.
Scope and content/abstract:
Baptism and marriage registers for the church of All Saints, Gordon Street, St Pancras.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited by the vicar of St Pancras in October 1961.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.