Reference code(s): GB 0074 P69/ALH3
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: ALL HALLOWS, HONEY LANE: CITY OF LONDON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.82 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of All Hallows, Honey Lane, City of London | Church of England
All Hallows, Honey Lane, was a small parish of a little over one acre in size. The church was destroyed during the Great Fire of 1666 and not rebuilt. Instead, the parish was merged with the parishes of Saint Mary le Bow and Saint Pancras, Soper Lane (which was also destroyed during the Fire). The church of Saint Mary le Bow became the parish church of the united parish. In 1876 the parish was merged with the united parish of All Hallows Bread Street with Saint John the Evangelist, Friday Street.
Information from The London Encyclopaedia, eds. Weinreb and Hibbert (LMA Library Reference 67.2 WEI).
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of All Hallows, Honey Lane, City of London, including registers of baptisms, marriages and burials; Vestry minutes; Churchwardens' financial accounts; and poor rate assessment books.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
To assist the user, the catalogue has been arranged in sections representing sub-groups each with a code as follows: A: Parish registers; B: Vestry and parish officers; C: Rate assessments and inhabitants lists.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information may be subject to access restrictions.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
The archives, including those of united parishes, have been deposited in Guildhall Library at various dates since the 1920s. The most recent deposit was in 1997. The Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.
United with St Mary le Bow (P69/MRY7) and Saint Pancras, Soper Lane (P69/PAN). In 1891, administration of the charitable gifts and bequests of St Mary le Bow, St Pancras Soper Lane and All Hallows Honey Lane was transferred to the City Parochial Foundation. Deeds relating to these gifts and bequests (St Mary le Bow, 1668-1799); St Pancras Soper Lane, 1671-1778; All Hallows Honey Lane, 1669) have been deposited amongst the records of the City Parochial Foundation. Please note that 24 hours' notice is required for access to records of the City Parochial Foundation.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.