Reference code(s): GB 0074 P88/MIC
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS, BROMLEY: SAINT LEONARD'S ROAD, TOWER HAMLETS
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.63 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Michael and All Angels, Bromley-by-Bow | Church of England
Saint Michael and All Angels originated in a mission which was established in 1861. The permanent church was constructed in 1864-65. The building has now been converted into flats. In 1971 the parish was united with All Saints with Saint Frideswide (P88/ALL1, P88/FRD), and Saint Saviour with Saint Gabriel and Saint Stephen (P88/SAV, P88/GAB, P88/STE1) to form the Parish of Poplar.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Michael and All Angels, St Leonard's Road, Bromley-by-Bow, including registers of baptisms and marriages; financial records; inventories and report on the youth centre Gilbert Shaw House.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records P88/MIC/1-28 deposited by the Rector of South Popular Area Ministry on 23 June 1969. Additional parish records P88/MIC/29-37 deposited by the incumbent on 14 January 1991 and in 1997.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.