Reference code(s): GB 0074 P85/JS1
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT JAMES, LAMBETH: KENNINGTON PARK ROAD, LAMBETH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.32 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St James, Kennington Park Road, Lambeth | Church of England
The parish of Saint James was formed in 1875. The church was a small brick structure in a Romanesque style. In 1922 the parish was united with Saint Mary-the-Less, Lambeth. The district was ultimately assigned to the parish of Saint Anselm, Kennington Cross.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint James, Kennington Park Road, Lambeth, comprising registers of baptisms and registers of marriages.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in 1955.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.