Reference code(s): GB 0074 P69/MRY13
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT MARY STAINING: CITY OF LONDON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.45 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Mary Staining, City of London | Church of England
The medieval church of Saint Mary Staining was destroyed in the Great Fire of London, 1666, and not rebuilt. The parish united with Saint Michael Wood Street in 1670 and Saint Alban Wood Street in 1894.
Scope and content/abstract:
The archive of Saint Mary Staining includes parish registers (baptisms) from 1673, churchwardens' accounts from 1586 and poor rate assessments from 1671.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The catalogue has been arranged in sections each with a code as follows: A Parish registers, B Vestry and parish officers, C Rate assessments and inhabitants lists, D Charities and estates, E Parish schools.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
The archives of the united parishes have been deposited in the Manuscripts Section of Guildhall Library at various dates since 1897. The most recent deposit was in 1966. The Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.
United with St Michael Wood Street (P69/MIC7); see also St Alban Wood St (P69/ALB) and St Olave Silver St (P69/OLA3).
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.