Reference code(s): GB 0074 P85/SAV2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT SAVIOUR, RUSKIN PARK: HERNE HILL ROAD, LAMBETH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 3.93 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Saviour, Ruskin Park | Church of England
Saint Saviour's Church was consecrated on 25 June 1867. It was preceeded by a temporary church erected on the north side of Cold Harbour Lane in 1864. In November 1956 the parish was united with the parish of Saint Matthew, Denmark Hill, to become the parish of Saint Saviour with Saint Matthew, Ruskin Park. Saint Saviour's church building was placed under a redundancy order in March 1980. It was demolished before it could fall down (1982).
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Saviour, Herne Hill Road, Ruskin Park, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns and church services; annual reports; records of the Churchwardens; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; electoral rolls; financial accounts; papers of the Sunday School; records of the parish school; photographs; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited by the Vicar, 15 June 1979, 3 October 1979, 6 February 1980 and 12 October 1983.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.