Reference code(s): GB 0074 P87/CTC
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: CHRIST CHURCH, LANCASTER GATE: LANCASTER GATE, WESTMINSTER
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.32 linear metres (113 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of Christ Church, Lancaster Gate, Paddington | Church of England
Christ Church was consecrated on 17 July, 1855. In March 1977 the building was found to be unsafe; it was closed and later demolished, The parish was united with Saint James, Sussex Gardens (P87/JS).
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Christ Church, Lancaster Gate, Paddington, including register of baptisms, marriages and church services; financial records; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; general correspondence; papers relating to personnel; papers relating to the benefice; correspondence and other papers regarding the maintenance of the church fabric; photographs; and parish magazines and newsletters.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records of Christ Church, Lancaster Gate, Paddington, deposited by the Vicar, 22 February 1977.
For further information see 'Paddington: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 9: Hampstead, Paddington (1989), pp. 252-259.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.