Reference code(s): GB 0074 P83/AND2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT ANDREW, WHITEHALL PARK: ISLINGTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.05 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Andrew, Whitehall Park | Church of England
This area of Islington was given a temporary brick church in Archway Road in 1886 which was subsequently used as the parish hall. The architect of the permanent church was Frederic Hammond. This was his only church. The foundation stone was laid on 11 July 1894, and the church was dedicated on 16 February 1895. It was consecrated on 27 April 1897, and assigned a district on 13 October 1897.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of St Andrew, Whitehall Park, including registers of baptisms, marriages and banns; registers of church services; maps and plans of the parish; papers relating to the construction and maintenance of the church including photographs; correspondence; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minute books.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in January 1985.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.