Reference code(s): GB 0074 P85/SAV1
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT SAVIOUR, BRIXTON HILL: LAMBERT ROAD, LAMBETH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.72 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Saviour, Brixton Hill | Church of England
The church of Saint Saviour was established to serve a new district with a rapidly expanding population. The building was constructed between 1874 and 1875, designed by E.C. Robins in a Gothic style.
From: Survey of London: volume 26: Lambeth: Southern area (1956), pp. 100-105.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Saviour, Brixton Hill, including registers of baptisms, marriages, confirmations and church services; papers relating to incumbents and other church staff; minutes of the Vestry and Parochial Church Council; administrative papers including correspondence; financial accounts; maps of the parish; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in March 1956.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.