Reference code(s): GB 0074 P85/MRY2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT MARY THE LESS, LAMBETH: BLACK PRINCE ROAD, LAMBETH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.34 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Mary the Less, Lambeth | Church of England
The church of Saint Mary the Less was established in 1827 as a chapel of ease to the ancient parish church of Saint Mary at Lambeth. The building was constructed in a Gothic style, designed by Francis Bedford. Schools were added in 1837. The church was assigned a separate parish in 1842.
From: Survey of London: volume 23: Lambeth: South Bank and Vauxhall (1951), pp. 144.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Mary the Less, Black Prince Road, Lambeth, including registers of baptisms and marriages; registers of preachers; records relating to parish charities; financial accounts of the Regency Square National Schools; Churchwardens' records; and papers relating to parish boundary changes.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in 1953, 1966 and 1977.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.