Reference code(s): GB 0074 P83/MMG
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT MARY MAGDALENE, HOLLOWAY ROAD: HOLLOWAY ROAD, ISLINGTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.57 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Mary Magdalene, Holloway Road, Islington | Church of England
Built in 1814, as a Chapel of Ease to the parish church of Saint Mary Islington. The parish of Saint Mary Magdalene was formed in 1894, the first wedding taking place in 1895. In the 1950's the neighbouring parish church of Saint James was rebuilt as a church hall. A part of the former Saint James parish was added and the name changed to Saint Mary Magdalene with Saint James.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Mary Magdalene, Holloway Road, Islington, including registers of baptisms, marriages, burials and banns; church service registers; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; financial records; histories of the parish; and statistics.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records of St Mary Magdalene, Holloway Road, Islington, formerly Islington Chapel of Ease, deposited by the Vicar in the Greater London Record Office, 27 July 1981.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.