Reference code(s): GB 0074 P87/STE
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT STEPHEN, PADDINGTON: WESTBOURNE PARK ROAD, WESTMINSTER
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.23 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Stephen, Paddington | Church of England
Saint Stephen's church was consecrated in April 1856. Saint Stephen's National Schools were opened before 1883 and were administered as a 'Non-provided School' (Council number 0247) by the London County Council from 1904. In 1947 Saint Stephen was joined with Saint Luke, Tavistock Road, Westbourne Park (P87/LUK2).
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Stephen, Westbourne Park Road, Paddington, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns and confirmations; registers of church services; Vestry minutes; and papers relating to Saint Stephen's National Schools including correspondence with the London County Council.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are open to public inspection, although records containing personal information may be subject to closure periods.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records remains with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in 1954, 1995 and 2003.
See also Saint Luke, Paddington: Tavistock Road, Westbourne Park, Westminster (P87/LUK2).
For further information see 'Paddington: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 9: Hampstead, Paddington (1989), pp. 252-259.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.