Reference code(s): GB 0074 P83/TMS2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT THOMAS, FINSBURY PARK: SAINT THOMAS'S ROAD, ISLINGTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.17 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Thomas, Finsbury Park | Church of England
From around 1880 mission services were held in Finsbury Park in a new public house, then in a temporary iron chapel. A parish was established in 1888, taken from Saint Anne's, Tollington Park. A permanent brick church was built in 1889, following the Early English style.
From: 'Islington: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 8: Islington and Stoke Newington parishes (1985), pp. 88-99.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Thomas, Finsbury Park, Islington, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns and confirmations; registers of church services; financial accounts Parochial Church Council and Vestry meeting minutes and papers; Parochial Church Council correspondence; and papers relating to church societies.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records of St. Thomas, St. Thomas' Road, Finsbury Park deposited in the Greater London Record Office, 9 April 1987 and 4 September 1991.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.