Reference code(s): GB 0074 P90/BAN
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT BARNABAS, KENTISH TOWN: PRINCE OF WALES ROAD, CAMDEN
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.38 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Barnabas, Kentish Town | Church of England
The parish of Saint Barnabas was created in 1880. The church of Saint Barnabas was built in 1884-1885. The designer was Ewan Christian. In June 1957 the benefice was united with Holy Trinity, Haverstock Hill (P90/TRI) which became the new parish church. Saint Barnabas was closed and transferred to the Greek Orthodox Church.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Barnabas, Prince of Wales Road, Kentish Town, including registers of baptisms and marriages; terrier of church buildings and lands; and financial accounts.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
The records of the parish were transferred to the GLRO in 1994 in conjunction with those of Holy Trinity.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.